Business owners and managers can take their companies to a new level of success by using new technology to develop a deeper bond with customers. Podcasts, blogs, mp3 audio, web video, a company's website -- all should be used to create a two-way relationship with the public. Ken Gullette, media relations coach, has five creative ideas to use the "new" media for your business and career success.
- Produce video commercials or business features for your website.
- Produce an e-book or e-pamphlet of valuable tips and offer it free on your website.
- Start a blog that allows customers to ask questions and comment on your company, products, or services.
- If you have a news release, record short "sound bites" and create mp3 files. Email those files to area radio stations that do local news.
- Produce podcasts featuring experts in your company, each week offering another valuable piece of advice for customers. Put the podcasts on your website and email the link to customers.