When you consider alternative housing arrangements, think about the older person’s needs and preferences. Start with the basics. These are some questions to ask when trying to find alternative housing for your older parents:
- What living conditions does a housing program offer?
- What services are provided?
- How much will it cost?
- Will the program meet this person’s current health and safety needs and those you may anticipate?
- Who will decide the services the person receives?
- How much independence will he or she have?
- What are the older person’s legal rights if he or she disagrees with the facility?