Spend some quality time with your children and check out some of these great Phoenix activities:
- Take a day trip to Sedona and spend the day with your kids at a Vortex. Be sure to wear a pyramid hat!
- McCormick Railroad Park, on Scottsdale Road and Indian Bend in Scottsdale. Great park for small and medium kids, with real railroads to ride on and lots of play areas.
- Arizona Science Center, in downtown Phoenix. One of the best hands-on science museums for all ages of kids.
- Rawhide, just south of Phoenix on I-10. A spruced-up old west town with lots of reenactments of old west activities and great western experiences for all ages of kids.
- Scottsdale Drive-in, on McClintock and McKellips Drive in south Scottsdale. One of the few drive-in theaters left around, give your kids an experience you used to get on a regular basis. And with AZ weather, it is almost always a great time to park and watch after sunset.
- Scottsdale Main Public Library, in downtown Scottsdale. This is one of the best equipped public libraries in the West, with an outstanding children's and teen library. A family could easily spend hours here, and it is totally free.