- The following is a high-level overview of The Czech Republic.
- Country Name conventional long form: Czech Republic
- Country Name conventional short form: Czech Republic
- Country Name local long form: Ceska Republika
- Country Name local short form: Cesko
- Country Name former: N/A
- Country Name Abbreviation: N/A
- Nationality noun: Czech(s)
- Nationality adjective: Czech
- Capital: Prague
- Administrative divisions: 13 regions called kraje--Jihocesky Kraj, Jihomoravsky Kraj, Karlovarsky Kraj, Kralovehradecky Kraj, Liberecky Kraj, Moravskoslezsky Kraj, Olomoucky Kraj, Pardubicky Kraj, Plzensky Kraj, Praha, Stredocesky Kraj, Ustecky Kraj, Vysocina, Zlinsky Kraj
- Independence: 1 January 1993 (Czechoslovakia split into the Czech Republic and Slovakia)
- National Holiday: Czech Founding Day, 28 October (1918)
- Flag Description: Two equal horizontal bands of white (top) and red with a blue isosceles triangle based on the hoist side.
- Currency: Czech Koruna
Add Your Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.