Men with low levels of testosterone generally complain of sexual and mood problems. Testosterone replacement therapy has been proven to improve both physical and psychological functioning.
- Sexual Interest - Testosterone replacement has been shown to increase sexual interest and the frequency of spontaneous erections.
- Erectile Function - Testosterone replacement restores erectile function in androgen deficient men in the absence of other diseases (such as blood vessel and nerve diseases that occur commonly in older men) that affect erectile dysfunction.
- Mood - Men whose condition makes them depressed, angry, tired, or confused prior to therapy may feel better after receiving supplemental testosterone.
- Masculine Characteristics - Men taking testosterone can maintain masculine characteristics such beard growth and pubic hair.
- Bone Density and Muscle Mass - Testosterone therapy can increase lean muscle mass and bone density in men and improve grip and leg strength.