Steps to build a CD Cabinet.
- Determine how large of a cabinet you will build. Calculate how many CDs are in your collection and measure the available room space you have for your finished cabinet.
- Decide what type of material you will use to construct your cabinet. Fiber board and solid wood are common materials. Your choice will depend on your budget and your existing décor.
- Choose a design that fits your storage needs. Sample designs can be found online.
- Obtain the proper tools and supplies. Most large hardware stores will offer a variety of wood and CD rack inserts to hold CD cases.
- Take care to tighten screws and secure joints with wood glue when assembling your new CD cabinet.
- Stain and seal your cabinet. Wait two to four days for this to cure before using the cabinet for storage.