Is a Sleep Disorder characterized by walking or other activity while seemingly still asleep. Sleepwalking (Somnambulism) is a series of complex behaviors that are initiated during slow wave sleep and result in walking during sleep.
- Ambulation (walking or moving about) that occurs during sleep. The onset typically occurs in pre-pubertal children.
- Difficulty in arousing the patient during an episode
- Amnesia following an episode
- Episodes typically occur in the first third of the sleep episode.
- Polysomnographic monitoring demonstrates the onset of an episode during stage 3 or 4 sleep
- Fatigue (which is not the same as drowsiness),
- stress and anxiety