Fix the iron which is leaving spots on your fabric with these easy to use instructions!!
- Scrub the ironing surface with a wet cloth covered with a mild abrasive such as baking soda or table salt.
- Wipe the ironing surface with a clean, damp cloth to remove the residue.
- Fill the iron with equal parts white vinegar and distilled water. Place an oven rack over your sink and position the iron on top, with the steam vents facing down. Plug in the iron and turn it to the steam setting. Run it until the steam stops.
- Fill the iron with plain distilled water and repeat the process.
- To prevent spots in the future, after ironing, empty any leftover water while the iron is still hot. That way, the heat will dry out the steam chamber and prevent any metal particles in the water from rusting.