Need to do some sanding but not sure what hwo fine or coarse the sandpaper should be? Here is a list of the different grades of sandpaper and what kind of job to use it on.
- Super Fine: 500-600 (finest available)
- Extra Fine: 320-400 (smoothing paints, metal and glass polishing)
- Very Fine: 220-280 (Fine sanding of wood)
- Fine: 120-180 (General woodworking, smoothing joints, autobody finishing, prepaint finish for furniture)
- Medium: 60-100 (coarse sanding for wood, stripping wood floors and painted furniture, rough metal work and finishing)
- Coarse: 30-50 (de-rusting metals, stripping housepaint)