Halloween, a Night-of-Fright?
- Read more...
Boo! Scare ya? I sure hope not, But if so, it’s probably because everyone has become a scaredy-cat wuss lately. Now, I understand that everyone is afraid of something. But that is no reason for the recent evolution of my favorite holiday, Halloween! I hate that Halloween has moved from being a night-of-fright to a day-of-hilarity. It sounds dumb, but it’s true. Doesn’t it seem like everyone wants to be funny on Halloween now? I don’t get it! There is a reason Halloween is Halloween. Don’t you know the history behind it? It is not a day to look silly and make people laugh. That is called April Fools Day! And it’s not necessarily an excuse to look like a whore (though I have no problem with a slutty witch or hunky devil). Dressing like a horny schoolgirl or French maid is for Valentine’s Day (or a lucky night in a man’s love life). Halloween is a day to scare the crap out of people! There is a reason why Hollywood releases every “Saw” horror movie around Halloween annually, and movies starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore come out in the Spring. Even on ListAfterList the funny and sexy costume stuff gets more attention than the scary costume lists. So please, go pick out a pumpkin and carve a scary face, not a silly clown one. And scare the hell out of those teenage trick-or-treaters when they come to your door! But don’t worry, if you feel the same way as I do, just watch this - and show ‘em to your friends too!
- Read more...
Sex sells. It’s a fact! Check this out… Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie or Star Jones and Al Reynolds… which one did you click on? Probably Brangelina huh? Point proven. But why are Americans obsessed with sex? In fact, why is the entire world so obsessed? Here’s some street magic for you: Ask people to create a list of their top 5 favorite things in the world, and (if they aren’t shy) I guarantee “sex” makes the list. Take that David Blaine! And the thing is, it doesn’t matter if you are a man or a woman, a teenager or old fart, or gay or straight. Maybe it has to do with the growing American obsession with weight, diets, health, and fitness? But doesn’t that stem from our society’s obsession over celebrities? Isn’t the sentiment “thin=sexy” drilled into our conscious by global media? Or is it the other way around? Or maybe it’s something else totally? Here are some facts you can’t deny:
- Do you want a flat tummy and washboard abs, or prefer a beer belly? Doubt you say beer belly.
- Which do you wish was your favorite fast food restaurant – Subway or McDonald’s? Probably Subway.
- Have you ever looked at a nude picture or celebrity sex tape online? C’mon, you know you have seen Pamela and Tommy Lee on that boat. Or Paris in the green light. Globally, internet porn is booming billion-dollar industry. It estimated that 100 million people every month visit porn websites, and 30% of them are women.
- Did you ever see Titanic, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, or Star Wars? The sexiest celebrities draw the biggest box office movie-going crowds. Leo sold $1,835,300,000 worth of tickets to Titanic globally. Keira, Depp and Bloom made $2,600,000,000 for dressed as Pirates. Orlando and Viggo raked in $3 billion for The Lord of the Rings trilogy. And Ford, McGregor, Portman, and a golden-bikini created a worldwide Star Wars phenomenon. Hell, Jessica Alba is a valid movie star, and she can’t act at all.
- Did you read this entire newsletter? Do you usually read this entire newsletter?
Face it, most advertisements feature “sexy” models, not chubby couch potatoes. Sex sells, It’s a fact!
Previous Page | Next Page