Prepared passengers can successfully survive the "Holiday Travel Lost Luggage Blues" by utilizing a few travel precautions. By heeding these travel precautions during peak holiday travel periods passengers will ensure luggage will arrive safely at their final destination and enjoy a happy holiday season.
- Arrive at the airport at least two hours prior to the flight's departure for domestic flights and three hours prior to the flight's departure for international flights.
- Passengers should avoid taking another flight (voluntary "bumping") at all costs as changing airplanes at the last minute will require passengers to travel on a different flight from their luggage.
- Each piece of luggage must be properly marked with clearly identifiable tags.
- Avoid overbooked flights especially during holiday travel times.
- Only check in necessary luggage as unnecessary luggage utilizes valuable space that is needed by fellow passengers.