Here are some simple ways you can reduce the stress in your life. Feel free to add your own to this list...
- Slow down - pace equals pressue equals stress. The slower you go, the calmer you become.
- Take a deep breath - biofeedback at it's most elegant
- Exercise - releases endorphins in the brain that add to your sense of pleasure and well being.
- Make sure you're eating healthy, and eating slowly. Fast eating is like fast paced work, extra stress and extra calories (it takes your brain 20 minutes to tell your stomach you are full) so chew slowly and enjoy
- Meditate or write - introspectiveness is just another way to stop, think, relax and experience
- Lie down and rest - lowers your heart rate and allows the body to relax
- Stretch - gets toxins out of your system
- Get enough sleep - the body is a biological machine, it must be taken care of. We sleep 1/3 of our life for a reason. Don't cheat yourself.
- Find a job you love - if you hate what you do, the only thing you will feel the constant stress of doing it