There is nothing that eliminates jet lag entirely. The following tips will, however, help to minimize its effects and help you to recover more quickly:
- Drink plenty of beverages to keep yourself well hydrated during your flight. Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages.
- Eat smaller meals that are high in protein and low in fat before, during, and just after your flight.
- Try going to bed earlier than usual for a few days before an eastbound flight; if flying westbound, stay up later than usual.
- Set your watch to your destination during your flight to begin making the psychological adjustment to your new time zone.
- If arriving early in the morning at your destination, sleep as much as you can during the flight, then try to make it through the day and go to bed early that evening. If arriving at your destination in the evening, plan to go to bed shortly after you arrive.