Getting the best energy value from any washing machine depends on several energy-saving wash-day practices. For example:
- If possible, wash one big load rather than two small ones.
- Load the washer to capacity.
- If you must wash smaller loads, select lower water levels, if possible.
- Use cold water rinses.
- Use lower temperature settings and pre-treat or pre-soak stains or heavily soiled clothing.
- Use the recommended amount and type of detergent.
- Set the thermostat on your water heater to no higher than 120 degrees Fahrenheit.