The following is concise list of information relating to Federal Work Study Program.
- The Federal Work-Study program is offered at most institutions and consists of Federal sponsorship of a student who works part time at the institution he or she is attending.
- The money a student earns through this program goes directly toward the cost of attending the institution.
- There are no set minimum or maximum amounts for this type of aid, although, on average, a student can expect to earn about $2,000 per school year.
- For additional information on work-study opportunities offered, check with individual institutions.
- General information on the Federal Work-Study program is available at: http://www.studentaid.ed.gov/students/publications/