Homeopathic remedies for whooping-cough are chosen based upon the family of symptoms displayed by each patient.
- Homeopathic remedies for whooping-cough are chosen based upon the family of symptoms displayed by each patient.
- Drosera: dry and tickly feeling in throat; violent coughing that induces vomiting; symptoms worse after midnight.
- Kali carbonicum: dry, hard, hacking cough at 3 A.M.; puffy eyelids; exhaustion; chilly feeling.
- Coccus: coughing worse when warm; drinking cold water brings relief; vomiting stringy, transparent mucus.
- Cuprum: coughing spasms cause breathlessness and exhaustion; blue lips; toe and finger cramping; drinking cold water brings relief.
- Kali bichromicum: coughing up yellow, stringy mucus.
- Belladonna: stomach pain before coughing; coughing worse at night; retching with coughing attacks; red face; puffy eyelids.
- Ipecac: sick feeling most of the time; paleness, rigidity, breathlessness, and then relaxation precede vomiting.