Massage therapy, however, is contraindicated because the disease usually affects large areas of skin.
- Homeopathic practitioners suggest the following remedies for pityriasis rosea, to be taken in 6C potency four times daily for 7 days:
- Arsenicum. Recommended for patients whose rash is accompanied by anxiety, restlessness, and thirst.
- Radium bromide. For patients whose lesions are fiery red in color, burning, and painful.
- Natrum muriaticum. For patients whose lesions have a red appearance under thin white scales, or whose pruritus is made worse by warmth or exercise.
- In addition, a homeopathic remedy known as Urtica urens is available in cream or ointment form for direct application to affected areas.