Nutritional supplements are needed to help the body regain strength and fight the illness. To maintain the natural flora of the intestinal tract, supplement the diet with Lactobacillus acidophilus and other similar cultures.
- There is almost a total absence of silica in the bones of tuberculosis patients. Silica not only increases resistance but prevents scar tissue. Take 1 tbsp. of horsetail juice, which contains silica, or vegetal silica aqueous extract powder, 3-4 capsules with meals three times daily.
- Raw nettle juice is rich in calcium. Young nettle shoots can be finely chopped and sprinkled on soups and salads, or sautéed with some onions for variety. Mix the nettle juice with carrot juice to make it more palatable. Take 1 tbsp. daily.
- Prepare a herbal tea using 1 part each of mullein, bugleweed, knotgrass and sage, plus 3 parts each of chamomile and horsetail to help relieve coughing. Pour 3 cups of boiling water over 1 tsp. of herb mix and drink 3-4 cups daily.
- Garlic is an excellent antibacterial agent and promotes intestinal health as well. Take 3 capsules three times daily.
- Build up resistance with the natural antibiotics horseradish, watercress and nasturtium juice. Take 1 tbsp. of juice daily or add pesticide-free watercress and nasturtiums to a fresh garden salad.