Handy information to be considered before purchasing an Espresso Machine.
- Measure the space you have for an espresso machine. Assume that you will use up to 2 square feet for the machine, the grinder and necessary utensils.
- Research the process involved in making espresso. It can be complicated and time-consuming - not to mention messy. Be sure an espresso machine is what you want.
- If you want to save money, buy a steam-driven espresso machine. Although these are economical, it is generally agreed that they do not make anything resembling good espresso.
- If you can afford it, buy a pump machine. The pump pushes the water through the coffee, making a decent cup of espresso with less effort than a piston machine requires.
- If you are an espresso connoisseur, buy a piston espresso machine. These are the most expensive and the most difficult to master, but they make the best espresso once you learn the art.