When considering a trial offer from any kind of ad, read/listen to the whole offer before you decide. Make sure you understand the terms and conditions. Here are some questions to ask the seller.
- Is the free trial offer related to a membership, subscription or extended service contract?
- Do I have to contact the company to avoid receiving more merchandise or services? If so, how much time do I have? What is my deadline?
- Who do I contact to cancel? How do I cancel? By letter? By phone? By email?
- Will I get other products with the free item? If so, will I have to pay for them or send them back if I don't want them? How long do I have to decide before incurring a charge?
- How do I stop getting additional merchandise or services?
- Is there a membership fee? If so, is it refundable?
- Will you automatically bill my credit card for anything?
- Who is offering the trial - you or another company? What is the name and address of the company?