Air travel has become so commonplace today, that many persons think of it as routine as taking the bus was in years past. However, particularly on longer flights, air travel may pose some discomforts to be aware of. The following are tips, which are especially useful for those traveling internationally, those who may be on airplanes for long periods of time, or passengers crossing multiple time zones.
- Relieving motion sickness during air travel:
- Eat a light meal or snack before and during travel. Avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Keep eyes fixed on the horizon and avoid rapid head movements. Sleep if you are able to.
- Sit over the wing section of the airplane as this is the most stable.
- Consult your physician regarding medication for motion sickness.