Very helpful information to help you in removing chewing gum from carpetings.
- Scrape away as much of the gum as you can using a spatula or spoon (to protect carpet fibers).
- Vacuum or brush away loose pieces.
- Rub the remaining gum with a plastic bag filled with ice until the gum is frozen.
- Chip away the frozen gum fragments using a spatula or spoon.
- Dissolve any final traces of the stuff by dabbing with a small amount of dry-cleaning fluid. Blot.
- Blot on a detergent solution of 1/4 tsp. mild dishwashing liquid and 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) warm water.
- Rinse thoroughly.