Reconstruction surgery is serious business and finding out all of the information you can about the medical professionals you are working with, or finding a medical professional is important. Check out the following resources to help you in your information search.
- The American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association - Information about this non-profit, professional association of over 2,600 individuals in over 40 countries who are involved in treatment and/or research of cleft lip, cleft palate and other craniofacial anomalies.
- American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery - Informational site run by the largest society of microsurgical specialists in the United States.
- The Craniofacial Center - The center is located in Dallas, Texas. We believe that the Dallas center is the busiest in the United States, and is comprised of the best team of experts dedicated to caring for children and adults with craniofacial birth defects
- Craniology - Craniology is dedicated to all type of facial anomaly and facial reconstructive surgery. Craniology.org has Cleft Lip Palate, Craniosynostosis-Plagiocephaly , Hemifacial Microsomia (HFM), Facial Anomalies, Human Skull - Plastic Surgery forum, gallery and resources.
- Facing the world - It is a new children's charity. It has been set up by the UK’s leading cranio-facial surgeons so that children in desperate need, living without hope in the world’s poorest countries, can receive the miracle of a new face and a life free from the stigma of deformity.
- The Healing Hands Project - A non-profit organization dedicated to providing reconstructive surgery and loving comprehensive support to needy individuals whose lives have been shattered by disfigurement.
- Microsurgeon.org - Informational site devoted to disseminating information about microsurgery to the public and health care professionals. It includes detailed information on surgical procedures.
- Restoration of Appearance and Function Trust (RAFT) - Charitable research institute for Skin Cancer, Reconstructive, Plastic and Burns Surgery