Whether on vacation, or on a business trip, it is always important to pay attention to your surroundings to make sure that you have a safe and pleasant trip. Below is a list of tips for staying safe while staying at a hotel:
- Don’t stay on the ground level. Always request a room on the second floor or above.
- Always make sure your windows and sliding doors are locked.
- Use all of the locks provided on your door including the chain or bolt.
- Do not answer the door to accept any kind of delivery or package unless you are specifically expecting someone or something. Confirm services from the hotel with the front desk before you open the door.
- Use the Do Not Disturb sign on the outside of your door when you are not in the room.
- Leave a radio or TV on when you are not in the room to give the impression that someone is inside.
- Do not leave your belongings all over the room when you are not in the room. Lock things up in the in-room safe or take them to the front desk to be stored until you return.