Do you know how safe your home is? Check for these issues on a regular basis to make sure you don't become a part of the 20% of home injuries. Have I missed any? Add them to this...
- Gas Leaks - including carbon monoxide, natural gas, and radon
- Fungi and Mold - sick building syndrom (sds), especially vulnerable are kids, the elderly, and people with HIV
- Bacteria and Viruses - vulnerable spots include food surfaces and toys
- Household Chemicals - one word "poison"
- Pests - mice, fleas, rats - all which carry diseases.
- Hidden Fire Hazards - there are over 150 thousand fires a year. Look for fire starter issues like heat lamps, poor electrical wiring, smoking (especially in bed or on a couch) etc.
- Stairs and ladders - anything that helps you go up can also cause you to fall down, and fast!
- Slippery floors - many people, especially the elderly hit their head when they fall, causing severe trauma and sometimes death