Holiday sales aren't all bad. With these six steps in mind, you can stuff your stockings -- without adding fat to your consumer debt.
- Make a list.
- Reality check. Price each item on your list. Cross-check the total with your holiday budget.
- Delegate. Decide who will shop for each recipient.
- Be selfless. When it comes to shopping for yourself, put on the blinders.
- Train for success. When considering competitive "Black Friday" shopping, success is in the sales: The best deal wins.
- STOP. The gift budget should be a "not to exceed" figure.