- Those who have hereditary amyloidosis in their family should consider going to genetic counseling to learn about the risks of passing the condition to their children.
- Diuretics to relieve swelling caused by fluid retention
- Anti-arrhythmics to control heart rhythm
- Metoclopramide to help empty food from the stomach
- Antibiotics to control bacteria that may cause diarrhea or prevent the body from absorbing nutrients
- Dietary choices, supplements, and herbs that aid in diminishing inflammation in general may, theoretically, help to prevent amyloidosis.
- Along with changing dialysis methods, adding antioxidants may slow the disease.
Add Your Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.