- Always wash your hands with soap and plenty of water. Many infections are transmitted through hands and things that you touch, such as doorknobs. Washing your hands thoroughly is the most important thing you can do to prevent infection.
- Avoid people with colds or the flu.
- Avoid large crowds to reduce the likelihood of coming into contact with sick people.
- Bathe daily and carefully dry your skin.
- Take steps to prevent cuts or scrapes, as these provide entry points for infection.
- Use an electric razor instead of a blade to avoid cuts.
- Use caution with sharp objects.
- Wear gloves when appropriate.
- If you have a cut or scrape, keep it covered with a clean bandage until it heals.
- Prevent cracks in your skin by using lotion.
- Cook your food thoroughly to kill any potential microorganisms that may be on raw food.
Add Your Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.