Treating warts while they are still small may prevent them from spreading.
- Avoid brushing, clipping ,combing or shaving over areas where there are warts in order to avoid spreading the virus.
- Don't walk barefoot in public areas, such as pools and locker rooms. Wear shoes or sandals in these public places to avoid coming into contact with the virus.
- Avoid using the same nail file or nail clipper on warts as you use on healthy nails.
- Avoid biting your fingernails if you have warts near your fingernails.
- Don't pick at warts. Picking may spread the virus. Consider covering your child's warts with an adhesive bandage to discourage picking.