For mild cases of respiratory, no specific treatment is necessary, other than treatment of the symptoms.
- The treatment includes,
- Using a humidifier to relieve your child's cough.
- Encouraging your child to drink plenty of fluids.
- Using saline drops or a bulb syringe to remove mucus from the nose
- giving acetaminophen to reduce fever.
- Infants and younger children with severe RSV pneumonia or bronchiolitis may require hospital treatment. Most children recover from RSV infections in one to two weeks. Children who are hospitalized for an RSV illness may spend several days in the hospital.