The following is adapted from the pamphlet "Urine-Therapy: It May Save Your Life." by Dr. Beatrice Bartnett, in which she suggests the following hints:
- Drinking. The mid stream of the first morning urine is taken. Begin with two-three ounces and increase it to your personal, comfortable level.
- Fasts. Fasts with urine and water are practiced for one or more days. J.W.Armstrong, a renowned urine therapist from England, lets his patients fast for up to 45 days. Fasts are only recommend under trained, medical supervision.
- Enemas. The easiest way to take an enema is with a syringe containing two-three ounces of urine. The urine is kept in the colon for as long as possible.
- Gargle. Urine is kept in the mouth 20-30 minutes, or as long as possible, for gum problems and other lesions of the mouth and tongue.
- Douche. For any vaginal discomfort or cleansing, a solution of Golden Seal and urine will give comfort and healing.
- Eye and ear drops. Any pain, burning and tiredness in the eyes may get relief with a few drops of urine placed into the eyes. The ears also benefit greatly if receiving a few urine drops for ear pain and discomfort.
- Urine sniffing. This is the most effective way of treatment for any sinus congestion and upper respiratory problems.