Had a fire? Fire and water damage professionals say you shouldn’t do these things if you want avoid making things worse.
- Don’t wipe or wash walls, ceilings, or other absorbent surfaces.
- Don’t use upholstered furniture.
- Don’t use food or canned goods that may have been spoiled by excessive heat.
- Don’t use TVs, stereos, or any other electrical appliances until cleaned and checked.
- Don’t send smoked draperies or garments to an ordinary dry cleaner, because improper cleaning may set the smoke/odor.