Schizoid personality disorder (SPD) is a cluster A personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary lifestyle, and emotional coldness. SPD is reasonably rare compared with other personality disorders. Its prevalence is estimated at less than 1% of the general population.
- Weak interpersonal skills
- Difficulty expressing anger, even when provoked
- "Loner" mentality; avoidance of social situations
- Appear to others as remote, aloof, and unengaged
- Low sexual desire
- Unresponsive to praise or criticism