Sciatica usually can be treated successfully by a brief period of resting and limiting activity, followed by exercises to improve mobility and strengthen the back.
- he given homeopathic remedies can be used at a 30th potency dose every hour or as and when necessary, select and use the most convenient remedy for acute cases of sciatica. Dosages can be increase from one to three doses in the case of chronic conditions every day and will be effective in alleviating the symptoms of the disorder.
- Ammonium mur. - Ammonium mur. is to be used in the homeopathic treatment of individuals with chronic cases of sciatica where the painful sensations generated seem to shoot and tear into tips of the toes as they radiate down into the legs. Physical symptoms like pain in the heel is also present.
- Arsenicum - Arsenicum is to be used in the treatment of individuals afflicted with sciatica in which the symptoms can include the development of burning pain, that shoots down like hot needles into the legs from the back.
- Chamomilla - Chamomilla is to be used in the homeopathic treatment of individuals affected by extremely intense symptoms of sciatica, the heels may experience numbness and the tearing pains shoot down from the buttocks to the heel.
- Colocynthis - Colocynthis is to be used in the homeopathic treatment of individuals afflicted with sciatica in which the symptoms of the disorder include neuralgic phases, and the presence of shooting pains, which can go radiating into the knees, and into the heel of the affected person.
- Phytolacca - Phytolacca is to be used in the homeopathic treatment of individuals suffering from sciatica in which the symptoms of the disorder can include the generation of sudden and aching pains, that shoots down one leg or along the external surface of the thighs.
- Rhus tox. - Rhus tox. is to be used in the homeopathic treatment of sciatica afflicted patients in which the symptoms can include attacks that are painful and come accompanied by burning and tearing sensations.