Handy information to fix your garden Hose!
- Thread a gun-type nozzle onto the end of the leaking hose.
- Turn on the hose to find the hole or leak.
- Turn off the hose, remove the nozzle and mark the leak with black tape or a marking pen.
- Purchase a hose repair kit from the hardware store. Repair kits allow you to cut damaged area out of the hose and reattach the two pieces with new connectors.
- Cut off the leaky fitting with your garden shears. If the leak is in the center of the hose, cut an inch or two on either side of the hole.
- Soak the cut end in hot, soapy water. The hot water will expand and soften the rubber, making it easy to slip the repair fitting inside the hose.
- Clamp the plastic pieces on either side of the hose and screw them in place tightly.