The NFL has some specific qualifications in order to be a host venue for Super Bowl:
- Average high temperature of at least 50 degrees Fahrenheit in February. (Unless the game is being played in an indoor arena)
- Stadium with 65,000 seats or more.
- Space for 10 photo trailers and 40 television trucks.
- 600,000 square feet of exhibit space for fan events.
- Large, high-end hotel for teams and NFL.
- 50,000 square feet of space for news media ("Radio Row").
- Enough "quality" hotel rooms within a one-hour drive for 35% of the stadium's capacity.
- Separate practice facilities for each team.