Selecting the perfect wine gift can be troublesome and the choicesoverwhelming. Read a list of helpful considerations when selecting premiumwine for your loved ones, close friends, or colleagues this holiday season.
- Champagne is not a sure thing.
- Provide an "owners' manual".
- It is best to work backwards.
- Consider the "gender thing".
- Critics' scores are not always important considerations.
- Wine of the month clubs should be easy for recipient.
- Be careful with "brand recognition" even if it is likely to impress the recipient.
- Among American wines, stick with Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Syrah and Merlot from California; Pinot Noir from Oregon; and Cabernet and Cabernet Blends/Meritages from Washington.
- Protect gift shipments from Mother Nature by using next-day or second-day options.