A Ketogenic Diet is low in carbohydrates, high in fat, protein heavy approach to dieting that forces the body to burn fat as fuel instead of carbohydrates.
There are many amazing benefits to the Ketogenic Diets. Ketogenic diets:
1) Fight diseases - specifically Cardiovascular diseases - as it helps to lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and raise good cholesterol (HDL).
2) Increase weight loss - specifically fat loss - because it reduces levels of triglycerides which is a primary factor in weight gain.
3) Aids in helping the brain focus thanks to the circulation of ketones.
4) Fight sleep apnea, heartburn, and hypoglycemia due to the regulation of sugar levels and elimination of spikes.
5) Stabilize moods by regulating serotonin and dopamine neurotransmitters.
6) Fight hunger thanks to the increased levels of fat consumption, a satisfying source of nutrients.
7) Kill sugar cravings. As you consume less sugar, there is less sugar driving up the blood sugar and insulin levels which sends signals to the brain.