The Star Wars culture phenomenon started on May 25, 1977 with the release of the science fantasy saga Star Wars (later retitled Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope) created by writer/producer/director George Lucas during the 1970s. The film became a worldwide hit - spawning five more feature films, three spin-off films, five television series and an extensive collection of licensed books, comics, video games, action figures, trading cards, card games, and other products - all of which are set within a fictional "galaxy far, far away."
- I. The Phantom Menace--Released May 19, 1999
- II. Attack of the Clones--Released May 16, 2002
- III. Revenge of the Sith--Released May 19, 2005
- IV. A New Hope--Released May 25, 1977
- V. The Empire--Released Strikes Back May 21, 1980
- VI. Return of the Jedi--Released May 25, 1983