I bet you didn't know there was more than one! And none are bug beds.
This is a list describing beds and different types of beds that exist.
- Bedsteads are more decorative and will provide a definite classic or contemporary look to your bedroom. A 'bowed slat' (or 'sprung slat') bedstead will give more cushioned support than 'solid slat'.
- Divans act as bases for mattresses and either have springs which allow the mattress to adapt to the body's contours, or a solid top which provides firmer support. A divan is useful if you are tight for space in your bedroom, or prefer a more neutral look.
- A headboard is of course an optional extra - most of our divans are sold without so you have a more flexible choice. Choose from our extensive selection of headboards, some of which are part of a co-ordinating collection of bedroom furniture.
- Four poster beds offer you the stuff of dreams at a price which won’t give you nightmares. They often arrive complete with a curtain set.
- Guest/folding and storage beds provide flexible solutions for overnight guests. With a small bedroom, it makes sense to use your bed as a secondary storage option.
- Storage beds feature built-in drawers that free up valuable space in other parts of the bedroom. Another space-saving feature is divan storage - revealed by opening the top of the bed with an easy-to-operate mechanism.