Qualifying leads is one of the thing that separates average sales people from elite sales people.
ASHER Strategies has spent years looking at all of the top sales training organizations to identify the key skills and steps used by elite sales people to out-sell the competition. The list below comes "The New Solution Selling", which is a must read for any interested sales person.
- Does this prospect fit the profile of our ideal customer group?
- Does the prospect have a critical or urgent need?
- What is the driving force causing the prospect to take action?
- Do we have a potential solution to satisfy the prospect need?
- Can we provide a credible ROI?
- Do we have a coach/champion in or close to the customer's organization?
- Is solving this need in the organization's budget?
- Has a purchasing timeframe been established?
- Do we understand the decision making process?
- Have we identified the right decision makers who have the authority to buy?
- Are the projected revenues sufficient for us?
- Is this a buyer we want as a customer?